Frequently Asked Questions
How do I draw on the T-shirt?
Each T-shirt comes with a little UV torch that is connected to a key-ring and has a ribbon, which allows you to hang it around your neck. The torch needs to be held close to the glow panel at the front of the shirt.
The Super Glow Laser Pen (sold separately) , as shown in the picture above, can draw on the T-shirt's glow panel from any distance within a room and adds a magical appeal to the experience. These laser pens are legal in Australia because they have an output of <1mW.
You don't need a specific light source to enjoy your Illuminated Apparel T-shirt. You can draw using a mobile phone torch, any UV light including laser lights at night clubs, or just have fun creating stencil or outline images using a standard torch.
How long does the glow last for?
In a very dark environment, the initial glow will last for around 5 -10 minutes, before it starts to fade. In daylight the glow will show for less than a minute. These shirts are designed to perform better, the darker the environment.
What type of light can be used?
Any type of light can be used. However the higher the UV output and more direct the light, the brighter the glow will be. The laser pen has the strongest light output, but is still within legal Australian and NZ limits (<1mW).
Can the T-shirts be washed?
Yes our clothing is machine washable. We recommend a cool to warm wash - around 30 degrees. We strongly recommend not to tumble dry.
Do not iron the glow panel, however it is possible to iron inside out, but we can not cover accidental damage.
What colours do the T-shirts come in?
Currently there are two glow colours available:
Super Green Glow (Brightest) - panel appears white, glow is green.
Super Peach Glow - panel appears pink, glow is peach.
There are three cotton T-shirt colours: Black, Royal Blue and White.
- Orders are dispatched from Sydney. In Australia you can expect to receive your parcel within 7 days, but this cannot be guaranteed, particularly for Western Australia.
- A tracking number will be sent with Australian orders.
- For New Zealand orders, please allow for 10 days.
- If you require urgent delivery, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org within 1 hour of ordering, or before, and we can arrange for Express Postage for a small additional fee.
- Items must be in original unused condition to be returned, unless there is a manufacturer defect
- You must return the item within 30 days of your purchase
- Buyer pays return postage unless there is a manufacturer defect
Tip: With our children’s T-shirts, if you are struggling to decide between two sizes, we would recommend choosing the larger of the two. Equally so, some 12-14 year old children are more comfortable in the Small adults size, especially if they are tall. There is about 6cm extra length between the Small adults and 12-14 children's size.